cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Watching recorded meetings on phone while driving

Naftali
Newcomer
Newcomer

I frequently watch recorded meetings while driving (I mostly listen to them). I imagine that many people do this, as this lets me utilize the driving time for working.

Zoom's support for this is very very bad:

1. when a meeting is shared with me, it includes a password in the email. I can't copy this password while driving. It would be great if the link in the email could already include the password, so i don't have to do another action other than pressing the link.

2. playback speed control is too granular. x1 is too slow, while x1.25 is too fast (not to mention the other options- x1.5 and x2.0 - who can understand anything at those speeds?). speed control should support x1.1 and x1.2.

3. the video is opened in a browser. which severely limits the functionality of the playback:

4. the play button is extremely small. I can't hit it while driving

5. there is no forward and back control. i want to be able to skip ahead and back in increments of 30 seconds, but there are no such buttons. using the playback bar at the bottom is extremely difficult on a small phone screen, and especially difficult while driving. also, this control doesn't allow to skip forward to where the video hasn't been loaded yet.

6. when browser loses focus (such as if i activate another app such as google maps / waze), the playback is stopped. 

7. sometimes after i come back to the browser after using another app, the playback location isn't saved and i have to manually look for the place where the playback stopped (sometimes i need to refresh the page, and then have to insert the password again and start everything from the beginning)

8. there should be a picture in picture display while the focus goes to another map - similar to when inside a meeting.

9. as the person who had the video shared with, i can't make the video available offline (or in the browser's cache). this means that i have frequent playback issues while driving and having bad cellular reception.

I know that for reasons such as these, many companies are moving to other products for recording customer meetings.
would appreciate if the Zoom team took these issues seriously and fixed them

2 REPLIES 2

Mary73
Newcomer
Newcomer

You could use APIs to extract the Zoom recording and display a mobile friendly interface that allows for the above mentioned features including embedding the password in the link, additional playback speed options, larger play button, forward and back control, ability to skip ahead in increments and the ability to make the video available offline. If you are not a developer there is a Zoom marketplace app, Salepager, that lets you share Zoom recordings in a mobile friendly format. 

Naftali
Newcomer
Newcomer

thanks 🙂
downloading the file does solve the issues as i can play it with 3rd party players.

however, it is time-consuming and would be much better if zoom could improve their player