cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Ending annoying email notification/pop-ups in zoom workplace

drwall
Newcomer
Newcomer

All of a sudden my old reliable Zoom account became "Zoom Workplace" and my emails are listed and I'm getting very annoying pop-ups every time I receive an email (all day!!!) which I can't turn off.  How do I detach Zoom from my emails and how do I stop the pop-ups?

6 REPLIES 6

vvbob
Newcomer
Newcomer

I agree, this is invasive and super-annoying. Hoping there is a solution out there.

janetp2654
Newcomer
Newcomer

It's making me crazy and I can figure out how to stop it. It's distracting.  I am on a deadline and the stupid notifications keep interrupting my train of thought.  I am a writer.

MGSR
Community Moderator | Employee

Hello there,

We understand your concern and we're sorry for the inconvenience. 

You can check out this article for step by step process on turning off the email notification and other options.

The Zoom Workplace update includes several enhancements and optimizations aimed at improving the user's experience and security. We highly encourage users to explore and utilize these new features to maximize your Zoom experience.

Let us know if you need further assistance. 

Have a great day!

Mark
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

mbdinwiddie
Newcomer
Newcomer

I've deselected the checkbox saying "I want to be notified about new emails." but I'm still getting them. Must be a bug, please fix! Email notifications are very distracting.

MGSR

I'm sorry to hear that. Please submit a ticket for further assistance with troubleshooting the issue.

Mark
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

westcoastcan
Newcomer
Newcomer

This is seriously annoying.  I took me about 30+ minutes to solve this problem.  This is Zoom-centric not Customer-centric updates.  You blindly and forcefully updated workplace.  All of a sudden I am getting notifications for emails via Zoom workplace.  This is really ignorant of your company to default to this to drive people to use Zoom Workplaces.  I use zoom for meetings.  I have no intent to use it it for a workplace/space.  I live in the MS ecosystem and use Teams as well, and Outlook as my main email.  For you, as a company to make assumptions like this makes me want to just unsubscribe my account.  Sadly, I need Zoom in addition to Teams.  I will be sending an invoice to Zoom for the lost billable time that was incurred because I couldn't find how to turn off these notifications easily.