cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Doorbell Gen2 wired not appreaing in Nest app

Timosh1400
Community Member

Greeting to the Collective Mind!    I had to replace a Gen 1 Wired Nest Doorbell that appeared in the Nest app along with my temp sensors and locks. The Gen 2 Wired doorbell will appear in Google Home, but NOT in the Nest app. Searching the archives, I see others are having the same problem with the *battery* Gen 2 doorbell,  it will not appear in the Nest app. I cannot find any guidance on whether the *wired* Gen2 doorbell will ONLY appear in the Home app.  Any insights?  This seems to be counterintuitive, having to consult two different apps for coverage of your devices. TIA! 

2 Recommended AnswerS

MplsCustomer
Bronze
Bronze

@Timosh1400 

Unfortunately, the 2nd gen Google Nest Battery Camera, Doorbell, Battery Doorbell, Floodlight Camera, and Indoor Camera all work ONLY in the Google Home app and on the home.google.com website.

We've been using 2 apps ever since we added a battery camera in Sept. 2021 because we have 1st gen cameras and doorbells.

View Recommended Answer in original post

Harry625
Community Member

Hello! The Gen 2 Wired Nest Doorbell is designed to appear only in the Google Home app and not in the Nest app. This shift is part of Google's transition to the Home app for new devices. It is indeed counterintuitive to use two apps, but this is the current integration strategy. Hope this helps!

View Recommended Answer in original post

6 REPLIES 6

MplsCustomer
Bronze
Bronze

@Timosh1400 

Unfortunately, the 2nd gen Google Nest Battery Camera, Doorbell, Battery Doorbell, Floodlight Camera, and Indoor Camera all work ONLY in the Google Home app and on the home.google.com website.

We've been using 2 apps ever since we added a battery camera in Sept. 2021 because we have 1st gen cameras and doorbells.

Timosh1400
Community Member

OK, thanks.  I can quit pulling out my (already limited) hair now. 😉  Thx!

Harry625
Community Member

Hello! The Gen 2 Wired Nest Doorbell is designed to appear only in the Google Home app and not in the Nest app. This shift is part of Google's transition to the Home app for new devices. It is indeed counterintuitive to use two apps, but this is the current integration strategy. Hope this helps!

Ok, thanks for the explanation.  

Harry625
Community Member

It sounds like you're facing a frustrating situation with your Gen 2 Wired Nest Doorbell not appearing in the Nest app but showing up in Google Home. This dual-app issue can indeed be confusing. It might be worth checking for any updates or firmware adjustments that could resolve the integration issue. If others are experiencing similar problems, there may be ongoing discussions or support threads that could offer additional insights or workarounds. Hopefully, the Nest support team can provide clarity or a solution soon!

Thank you.

I’ve applied all updates and checked for firmware updates. I think it is just the difference between first gen and second gen hardware/software “progression,” and what the devs think is best.  The Google Home app is not as “clean”( simple pathways, fast, easily manipulated,) as the old Nest app.  Not so much frustrated, as irritated with the clutter you now have to visually wade through to accomplish the same tasks.