[nafex] Bee Habits

Brian:
     I have kept bees for over 20 years, and have learned this about
them: each bee only works one type of flower at a time.  Your bee kept
returning to the dandelion because she had been assigned to dandelions.
    That said, my bees have never been too gung-ho for strawberries.
What pollination takes place on strawberries seems to be done by
smaller, feral insects.  They must not have much nectar or other
attraction for classic bees.  Even so, I have never noticed that
strawberries fail to set due to lack of pollination, so they may be, to
some extent, self-fertile, or they benefit from some air pollination.

Rgds, Don Yellman, Great Falls, VA