Re: [nafex] Re: (Off topic) Mad Cow Disease

Naomi Ann Counides wrote:

> We raise beefalo. For reasons of quality  and disease transference we keep our
> animals vegetarian.  That means mother's milk, pasture, hay and at the end a bit
> of grain.  We do not use renderings at all.  It is something we feel strongly
> about.  When you buy from a grocery you can't know the background of what you
> are eating and very honestly you should  expect the worst.  A butcher shop
> should be able to tell you where he gets his meat and I would hope he cares
> enough to have information on the feeding practices.  If not there is the family
> farmer and custom butchering.
> Naomi Counides
> Associated Beefalo Of Idaho

Naomi:   I am sure glad to hear this:  We have been eating only your beefalo for the
last cople of years.  It is excellent tasting, low in fat, tender and now I discover
Safe.  Can't beat that.:-)
vern

--
Please visit my ponds at: Http://www.webpak.net/~vrolson/