cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fix the scroll wheel behavior in Zoom Whiteboard

thomaspoca
Newcomer
Newcomer

Prior to this week, using the scroll wheel on my mouse or dragging up/down on trackpad would scroll around the canvass about Y axis, and holding Shift + scroll wheel would scroll along the X axis. Exactly as you'd expect on something like a browswer window. Now using the scroll wheel increases and decreases the magnfication. There is no combination of modifier keys that will let you scroll on the Y axis.

This is extremely not useful! Moving about the canvass used to be effortless, but now I have to swticth to the hand tool to drag myself about the canvass or manually drag the scroll bar on the side of the window. I don't understand why they would change such a critical feature. Is there any user control over this?

I'm on Version: 6.1.0 (35886) using a Mac and I uninstalled and reinstalled if that matters.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

mpaterno
Zoom Employee
Zoom Employee

Hi @thomaspoca ,

Thanks for contributing to the community and your feedback! You can revert to the old behavior by navigating to the more menu in the top left bar > view > navigation options > trackpad.

We introduced scroll wheel zoom to make navigating the infinite canvas easier. It sounds like you're having difficulty panning the canvas, did you know you can hold right click or hold down the scroll wheel to drag the canvas? 

Let me know if you have any more questions!

Thanks,
Matt Paterno
Whiteboard PM 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

mpaterno
Zoom Employee
Zoom Employee

Hi @thomaspoca ,

Thanks for contributing to the community and your feedback! You can revert to the old behavior by navigating to the more menu in the top left bar > view > navigation options > trackpad.

We introduced scroll wheel zoom to make navigating the infinite canvas easier. It sounds like you're having difficulty panning the canvas, did you know you can hold right click or hold down the scroll wheel to drag the canvas? 

Let me know if you have any more questions!

Thanks,
Matt Paterno
Whiteboard PM 

thomaspoca
Newcomer
Newcomer

Thank you, this fixes it entirely and thank you for letting me know abut the right or middle click to drag. That makes navigation even better.

mpaterno
Zoom Employee
Zoom Employee

@thomaspoca Great! Thanks again your feedback and let us know if you have any other questions.