cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Zoom Desktop Interface is Frustrating

Group47
Newcomer
Newcomer

Why don't yopu make the upgrade to the new Zoom interface an option the user can specify when it will take place?   The previsous interface was perfect for my needs, and when in a hurry to schedule a new meeting I am met with an interfweace that I now have to learn all over again.

I figured it out, but I must say I find the older interface design more lelgant and efficine.  Your giving me features I don't care about.

And I love Zoom... It is so much more reliable than any other video conferencing platform.

Just thought you should know All knowing and all wise Zoom

9 REPLIES 9

Tamaski
Newcomer
Newcomer

I agree 100%  I had to go to the web version to find my list of recurring meetings... a total pain!

Group47
Newcomer
Newcomer

Same here, where previously all your meetings were immediately visible, now they're making us work at finding them.  These changes are for changes sake, and I do not see an improvement to the user experience. Sad, because Zoom is the best platform out there.

Tamaski
Newcomer
Newcomer

I eventually found where to get my list of recurring meetings on the first screen that comes up... fine print at the bottom of the screen...then I had to hunt around to find the "copy link" command -- both used to come up right away when opening the previous version of Zoom.  Improvement?? not so much.....Total pain in the patootie!!!

tanron
Newcomer
Newcomer

I wholeheartedly agree. I am glad to know I am not alone. Why did they need to change it, and why did they give us no warning? It disoriented me all last week as I was opening up meetings. I'd go back to the old interface like a shot if I could. 

Tamaski
Newcomer
Newcomer

Agree with you. -- Furthermore, I've had trouble using at least one of my previous recurring meetings links since the update, had to make a new one.  Haven't checked the others yet.....What a pain!

oabraham
Newcomer
Newcomer

Leave well enough alone. The most expensive part of new software is training everybody to use it. A total redesign sprung on us at once like this upgrade is not helpful. Also the visible screen size is now reduced. Very unhelpful.

CarlaA
Community Moderator | Employee

Hi everyone,

Thank you all for taking the time to submit feedback on Zoom Workplace. We truly appreciate your input on what's working, what's not, and what you'd like to see in the future. Please know that your feedback is invaluable and plays a crucial role in shaping our future updates. With that said, the Zoom Workplace update includes several enhancements and optimizations designed to improve your experience and security. We highly encourage you to explore and utilize these new features, such as the AI Companion, to maximize your Zoom experience.

Thank you again for your feedback. We are committed to continuously improving and better preparing our users for success within our platform.

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

How about a tutorial to show us how the new interface works...where things were and where they are now.

CarlaA

Hi @Scottbr1

I will forward your request to the relevant teams- I think this is a great idea and would be beneficial to users. Thank you! 

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?