cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No audio in third-party

Okizoom
Newcomer
Newcomer

We are using zoom rooms with MS Teams meeting and participants cannot hear us when using the latest version 6.0.6 

18 REPLIES 18

bstrelko
Community Champion | Customer

OS / hardware details, please?

Windows PC

Slfish
Newcomer
Newcomer

We are having the same issue here. NO audio for Teams calls via Zoom Room.      Windows x64 PC

Okizoom
Newcomer
Newcomer

Ater downgrading from the latest Zoom Rooms software 6.0.6 (4087) to 5.17.9 (3926) audio is now working. Software version, 6.0.0 (4016) also doesn’t work. It's unfortunate Zoom doesn't fully test their updates before releasing them to production.

bstrelko

Preach.

I wholeheartedly agree. This is true across all Zoom products, but Rooms get even less love for some reason. The 'certification' program is a joke (just money changing hands) - nobody on the hardware dev side is putting Zoom through the motions and most people on the Zoom Rooms dev side have only used a handful of certified devices, testing only the most basic features in heavily controlled environments.

They should remove Teams interop until they have it working with multiple cameras / microphones in one room instance.  At the moment we are having to turn off this feature in our more complex rooms.

_

Marty DiBergi: Why don't you just make ten louder and make ten be the top number and make that a little louder?
Nigel Tufnel: [pause] These go to eleven.

Thank you for sharing. We noticed this with the 6.0 build and we were hoping this update was the fix. I guess not. Thank you again!

Are you able to share how you manually downgraded? In the Zoom portal it only allows us to rollback one or two versions. 

We have a Crestron system. If so, then you'll need to download the Crestron Remote: https://www.crestron.com/Support/Search-Results?q=Crestron%20Remote&type=Software then go to the link that I shared (manageengine) I shared previously and run the exe file. 

Okizoom
Newcomer
Newcomer

Our boardroom Zoom Rooms system has been automatically updated to version 6.0.7 (4157) , 64bit. Since then, far end participants are unable to hear the people in the boardroom. We have a Crestron professional AV system with Zoom Rooms installed on Windows PC appliance (NUC). I had to manually downgrade to version 5.17.9 (3926) as downgrading from device management from Zoom portal does not have this version. This is where I downloaded 5.17.9 from: https://www.manageengine.com/products/desktop-central/software-installation/silent_install_Zoom-Room....

I opened a ticket with support (request # TS1273108), but they are just useless, so hoping can find a solution here.

John_Doe
Newcomer
Newcomer

We too have the same issue with Version 6.0.6. Is it fixed in 6.0.7 ???

No, all 6 series versions do not work. Had to manually download and install version 5.17.9. Also, disable automatic updates in Zoom portal. It's ridiculous that we have to do this. 

I have a response from Zoom support and version 6.1.0 will be released on 30 June and will "Fix" this known issue.

"Please be advised that this behavior has been identified as a known bug and the fix will be deployed in our 6.1.0 release version set for June 30th. 

As a workaround, we suggest downgrading the desired room(s) to 5.17.9 as the issue is not present in this release.

June 30th has passed, still no 6.1.0 version... 

40shadesofgreen
Newcomer
Newcomer

Any updates on this. All our systems are on 6.0.7 (even though autoupdate is off).

Where do we get the v5.xx.xx versions to roll back to.

CarlaA
Community Moderator | Employee

Hi @Okizoom @40shadesofgreen

Please update to the newest version 6.1.0 (6810) released on July 7, 2024, and let me know if the issue persists. 

Thank you!

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

Hi the update has fixed the issue. It would be much appreciated if zoom support engaged with the community throughout the process rather than leaving users in the dark.

CarlaA

Hi @40shadesofgreen, we will do our best to give you more updates moving forward. We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused and understand your frustration. 

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?