cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom running after leaving meeting

clairep27
Newcomer
Newcomer

When I leave a meeting and close zoom, it stays running in the background and messes up audio for other apps. I have to force stop it from the app settings everyone a meeting finishes. This just started happening within the last month. Any help?

3 REPLIES 3

storyhub
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Since you did not state what device is being used I will assume a PC. If you clicked the "X" then you just CLOSED the window. You need to "SIGN OUT" using the client's menu.

Sorry, I could have been way more detailed. 

This issue is occurring on my android phone, Samsung s23 ultra. The zoom app will open and I will attend the meeting, I hit "leave meeting" red button and it will appear that I left the meeting and the zoom app will close. When I then go to another app (i.e. spotify) to play audio, the audio is very muffled and soft. I found that the meeting I 'left' is still running somehow and the only way to close the meeting and zoom to stop running is to go to the app settings and 'force stop' the app. As soon as I do this, my audio works like normal and all is well. I will often "leave meeting" and the zoom app banner will still show in my notifications and I can't get it to close down until I force stop. 

This started about a month ago, I have forever been able to just hit "leave meeting" and it wpuld actually end the meeting and zoom would close out. Now, the meeting doesn't close out even though it does close the screen, it seems to be still running in the background. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling zoom a few times. 

Any other ideas with this further info?

Khaidon23

It happens the same with me over a week ago. My android moto g power still has the notification that "meeting in progress" even after we finished and left the meeting. Then if at this time, if I connect a Bluetooth headphones, the sound doesn't come through the headphones, it keeps playing by the speaker of the phone. It messed up my audio. I have to uninstall the zoom app to get the sound back to normal. It has been happening for over a week.