cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share audio automatically when sharing screen

video-eva
Newcomer
Newcomer

Is it possible to set the settings so that every time I share the screen the audio is shared automatically as well? 

I've tried to find it in settings but the only place I can see it is in the pop-up window right before sharing. And as a default, it's always ticked off. 

I find most meetings I attend there's always a couple of minutes wasted as neither I nor others can remember to tick that box in the heat of the moment and to share the sound. So when we want to present videos, we have to come out of the presentation to put it back on. Obviously, if I am presenting something on zoom, no other audio will be on so I really don't understand why the computer sound is not shared automatically. It would make everyone's life so much easier. 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

bstrelko
Community Champion | Customer

This is not currently possible - there is a 'EnableShareAudio' parameter for GPO/MSI/PLIST/ZDM, but this only enables or disables the feature itself, rather than forcing it as a default.

Others have posted about this in the community - please be sure to reach out to Zoom Support directly to submit a formal feature request and add traction to this valuable ask. Thanks!

View solution in original post

bstrelko

You can request the form by submitting a ticket (or calling the support phone number) at support.zoom.com.

Zoom has also suggested using the feedback function described here, although I have found this to be a less direct approach: https://support.zoom.com/hc/en/article?id=zm_kb&sysparm_article=KB0068808

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

bstrelko

This is not currently possible - there is a 'EnableShareAudio' parameter for GPO/MSI/PLIST/ZDM, but this only enables or disables the feature itself, rather than forcing it as a default.

Others have posted about this in the community - please be sure to reach out to Zoom Support directly to submit a formal feature request and add traction to this valuable ask. Thanks!

video-eva
Newcomer
Newcomer

Thanks @bstrelko for your reply. How would I go about submitting a formal feature request?

bstrelko

You can request the form by submitting a ticket (or calling the support phone number) at support.zoom.com.

Zoom has also suggested using the feedback function described here, although I have found this to be a less direct approach: https://support.zoom.com/hc/en/article?id=zm_kb&sysparm_article=KB0068808

That's great, thanks for your help!