cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

nest learning thermostat - hot water goes on/off in reverse

HenryC1
Community Member

Just had a new boiler and nest thermostat installed.  The heating side of things seems to work fine but the hot water is working in reverse.  When the app and thermostat is set to heat the water the boiler is off and vice versa.

7 REPLIES 7

Frustratedddd
Bronze
Bronze

Do you have a Heat Link in your system? Are you in the UK?

Yes to both.

They have wired the Heat Link incorrectly, best get them back.  Can you upload a picture of the Heat Link wiring, just remove the cover and take picture of the connections. 

I would also ask why they didn’t explain the system  correctly before leaving! That would have shown the fault. 

HenryC1
Community Member

IMG_20240707_152709016_HDR.jpgIMG_20240707_152746679_HDR.jpg

That’s an appalling install.

Just to confirm, do you have connections in 4-5-6?

By the way , whoever installed that needs to start again!

The most important connection is just hanging there, The EARTH wire, why isn’t that connected??? Look at the connection next to T1, that’s the Earth connection, but nothing in it!

Why is the cord grip missing???
Why is the cord grip that is fitted not tightened on the cable???

HenryC1
Community Member

There are connections in 4,5,6. I'll get the installer back to sort it out. Thanks for your help.

That’s why the system isn’t working correctly!

Connections 4-5-6 are for water, but the relays are wired in reverse, and are contradicting themselves.  The attached drawing clearly shows the connections, and these are inside the thermostat box. You will see 4 is normally closed and 6 is normally open., not both! 

I’m not impressed when people get so called installers doing jobs like that, the installer should be ashamed of themselves. You are the person paying for that job, at least they could leave it safe, even if it doesn’t work correctly. Ask the questions I pointed out, I would love to know their answers! 

1.jpg