cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Devices Found

AMHalmay
Community Member

OK, I can cast from my phone and my tablet, both Android, but not my PC.  Using Windows 10, Chrome Browser, up to date.  I have unplugged rebooted, and said my prayers.  What am I doing wrong.?  BTW, it used to work.

2 REPLIES 2

SonjaWilt
Community Member

It's frustrating that you can cast from your Android devices but not from your Windows 10 PC using Chrome. Here’s what you can try:

1. Check Wi-Fi: Make sure your PC and Chromecast are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.

2. Update Chrome: Go to the three-dot menu in Chrome, click "Help," and then "About Google Chrome" to ensure you have the latest version.

3. Clear Browser Data: Clear your browsing data in Chrome by going to the three-dot menu, then "More tools," and "Clear browsing data."

4. Disable Extensions: Turn off any unnecessary extensions in Chrome by going to the three-dot menu, then "More tools," and "Extensions."

5. Reset Chrome Settings: Reset Chrome to its default settings under "Advanced" in the Chrome settings menu.

6. Check Firewall: Make sure your firewall or antivirus isn't blocking Chrome. You might need to allow Chrome through your firewall settings.

7. Use Cast Button: Click the three-dot menu, select "Cast," and choose your Chromecast device from the list.

8. Restart Router: Try restarting your WiFi router to refresh the connection.

I have done many of the above, and now it works.  Just don't know what did it.  Thanks