Re: Chat Line

Thanks.  Greg is terrific, and I certainly appreciate the volunteers who
make good things happen.  I do hope he hasn't taken the complaints
personally - I can't imagine anyone meant to criticize him.  Yahoo may
be an annoying host, but it's much better than no host, which is what we
would have had without Greg's initiative.

I think it's a huge amount of work to put and keep good content on a
web-site.  (And it's the content, not the bells and whistles, that make
a good web-site.)  I wonder if posting some of the more technical Pomona
articles (with permission of the authors) might be a cheap source of
good content.  Links to other sites are also good.  (What we need is a
fanatically dedicated volunteer with lots of time.)

Thanks for taking the time to write.

Best,
Ginda

p.s.  Just today, the first "oh no, look what Yahoo is doing to us"
e-mail showed up on the peony list.  So far, only one response, which
basically says "there's no hope of privacy, give up."  I wonder if it
will go anywhere or if the peony folks will prove more interested in
peonies than computers?