[nafex] Bramley's Seedling

Martk,

Bramley's is a big green apple with a big open eye.  The stem is short and thick.
The apples expose to full sun will sometimes develop an orange flush.  It has a
smooth skin which becomes greasy when mature.  It is also one of the few apple
varieties that has a pink flower.  There is a Red Bramleys and I don't know what
it looks like.

BS has a high acid content and is not really edible in the Fall.  By spring, the
acidity has dropped and some will eat it.  The flesh is white with a greenish
tinge.

Derry

Derry Walsh & Bill Chase  email:  wchase@interchange.ubc.ca
Aldergrove,  B. C.,  Canada
phone/fax (604) 856-9316
Home web page  http://www.interchange.ubc.ca/wchase/HTML

: Hmm, I wonder if my apple is not Bramley's.    Mine is a large, red,
: round, rough-skinned fruit.  Its taste fresh is awful--tough, dry,
: astringent.  Bramleys is supposedly good for hard cider.