[nafex] A Little Unfair

   I have to say I may have been a little hard on Michael Pollen.  I
meant only that he would not be my first choice for technically accurate
information on fruit growing or gardening in general.  As a new-age
writer, he's a good read, and he's certainly found the road to
commercial success.  And he does get more people interested in growing
things.  As for hemp, I agree that the low-thc varieties may have
considerable economic promise for papermaking and other uses, although I
don't know about the economics of the proposition.  If it would reduce
forest clearcutting, that would be fine, although a few firebreaks in
the forest seem like a good idea this year.
   Thanks for the comments on Geneva Crab Ed.  Now I am really looking
forward to some fruit on this pretty little tree.  I had no idea it
could be that large, and the acidity is exactly what I am looking for in
my cider blend.  Might make another one.  Pollination of triploids is
not a problem here.

Rgds, Don Yellman, Great Falls, VA

Monitoring Service trial
http://us.click.yahoo.com/M8mxkD/bQ8CAA/ySSFAA/VAOolB/TM