[nafex] sun scald

I recently heard a third party discussion of a paper published on a research
project into sunscald. As I understood the discussion, the researcher had
disected hundreds of affected trees - and nearly all sun scalds showed prior
damage from some other cause. This apparantly made the tree vulnerable.
Anyone out there know of this study, or where to chase it down?  Mn Del

Off Topic addendum...a new magazine, "Wood Carving Illustrated" did a nice
review of the scandahoovian style wood carving knives I make as 'Pinewood
Forge' in the summer 2001 issue. Response has been amazing.