Re: [nafex] (Off topic) Mad Cow Disease

That's why gelatin is a problem...you cannot destroy the causative agent...a
prion, by cooking, even for extended periods of time, not even autoclaving
works.
Follow this story in the  ACRES  USA newspaper...
This is one time that strictly 'organic' is no BS and even the occasional
article in the NY Times is pretty scary....
This is one area to watch carefully.
As a practicing dentist, my training tells me this area calls for strict
control measures and careful avoidance of possible sources of the Prion.  As
usual, it is buyer beware.  That cheap hamburg might not be such a good deal
for your family.
Just a thought.
Karl Olson   D.M.D.  zone 5 CT