[nafex] Re: good stuff, perhaps

I can't really recommend varieties yet (have 12, but haven't let them
produce yet:

I will recommend 2 sources (particularly the first):

1.)
DeGrandchamp's Blueberry Farm Inc.
15575 77th Street, Drawer NG
South Haven, MI 49090
(616)637-3915, Fax: (616)637-2531
Bought six of their two year old plants, planted them this spring and
have never seen more impressive growth etc. The only critism is that
I ended up w/ 3 of the varieties being substituted.

2)
White Oak Nursery
494 White Oak Road
Strasburg, PA  17579
Good strong plants.  Not as branched as the ones from DeGrandChamp's

I was never succussful w/ growing blueberries until I started
replacing half the soil in the planting hole w/ peat moss.

Chris Mauchline
SE PA, zone 6

--- In nafex@egroups.com, Ed & Pat Fackler <rocmdw@a...> wrote:
> Greetings, fellow NAFEXers:
>
>      I need some advice on blueberry culture for zone 6.  We've had
> Coville and Blueray varieties here since 1976 and they've done
> exceedling well with very little care.
>
>      They produce some 30 lbs. of fruit per year per bush.
>
>      And I'm going to expand this a bit with other varieties which
ripen
> at different times.
>
>      Recommendations needed.  Thanks.
>
> Ed