[nafex] Reine des pommes / Granny Smith apples

Bonjour Hélène,
Où habitez-vous - près de la ville de Québec?
Reine des pommes : a well known bittersweet French cider apple, also used in England. I would love to test it, but never found a source for it in North America.
Granny Smith : a "French Crab" seedling, a very old French green and hard cooking apple that was introduced in England by the end of 1700's. It seems that Bramley has nothing to do with it.
Claude, Quebec.