[nafex] Mandarin Melon Berry?

	I'm thinking of purchasing a "Mandarin Melon Berry" (no scientific
name given) from Oregon Exotics - actually 2, since the males & females are
separate.  They're pretty expensive though ($25 each) & I wanted to see if
anyone has first-hand experience with the trees.  As always, the catalog
description sounds very nice ("sweet, papaya melon flavor", "supple skin &
flesh is melting", "spectacular"), but when $50 is involved, I'd like some
2nd opinions.

	I'm also considering a tuber-producing plant "Yacon" (Polymnia
sonchifolia).  Any feedback on this plant?

gene
spears@lmc.edu
western NC, 4000 ft, zone 6 - cool & usually wet

Install today:
http://click.egroups.com/1/6347/0/_/423498/_/966517968/