[Chimera-users] Flattening of coloured icosahedron

R.I.Koning at lumc.nl R.I.Koning at lumc.nl
Mon Aug 24 06:16:25 PDT 2015

Is it possible to flatten a coloured icosahedron surface?

I have an electron density of a virus, and using shape icosahedron and colour icosahedron surface and surface colour I can colour it according to this density. I would really like to generate a flattened icosahedron (compared to the flatten icosahedron command) from the coloured icosahedron surface. In order to get a 2D map of the colours. Is this possible somehow in Chimera? Is it otherwise possible to export the icosahedron with the coloured surfaces and try in another program (like Maya of Cinema4D?).

Best regards,

Roman Koning