[Chimera-users] curved helices - cylinder representation?

Tom Goddard goddard at sonic.net
Wed Aug 12 12:06:26 PDT 2015

Hi Oliver,

  You have so many ideas it will great to get you to start programming Chimera so we can retire!  Here is example helix tube Python code.  When you open this file in Chimera it will register a new command htube that moves helix CA atoms to the average position over a sliding window.  Here’s an example using the command (image attached):

	open 3ch3
	htube #0 windowSize 6 radius 1.5

You can omit the windowSize and radius options.

	Tom