Tushar_Suradkar's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

RECAP - Visiting the Qutub Minar - Connect 8 Birthday

As part of the celebration of Connect's 8th Birthday initiated by Meetup Champion, Accessibility Champion, Guiding Star, Connect Moderator, and amazing local guide @KashifMisidia I invite you to participate in this virtual meetup:

The original post is here:

[Call for Meetup Leaders] – Unofficial Local Guides Connect Worldwide 8th Birthday Celebration

An entertaining and informative online meetup was organized to educate visitors to the Qutub Minar in India.

Date: 6 July 2024
Time: 8 pm IST
Duration: 45 minutes

The dos and don'ts discussed during the meetup are immensely helpful for local guides planning to visit here.

Banner of RECAP - Virtual Meetup - Know Before Visiting Qutub Minar in Delhi - Connect's 8th Birthday CelebrationsBanner of RECAP - Virtual Meetup - Know Before Visiting Qutub Minar in Delhi - Connect's 8th Birthday Celebrations

The following was discussed using Google Maps.

Parking
The Parking was identified in an open space across the road from the monument entrance.

Parking - Qutub Minar in IndiaParking - Qutub Minar in India

Ticketing Window
The ticketing window was also adjacent to the parking and across the road.

Ticket Window - Qutub Minar in Delhi, IndiaTicket Window - Qutub Minar in Delhi, India

Monuments within the Campus

There were several other monuments within the Qutub Minar monument were identified that tourists can miss easily since they are located in a secluded area.

Monuments inside the Qutub Minar Monument Complex in Delhi, IndiaMonuments inside the Qutub Minar Monument Complex in Delhi, India

How to reach the monument 
Use the yellow line on the Delhi Metro to reach the Qutub Minar station.
From there, electric tuk-tuks are available till the monument.

We discussed how to avoid high-traffic routes and reach the monument comfortably.

1. The best month of the year to visit.
November to March.

2. The best time of the day to visit.
Late evening - to also watch the night lighting.

3. Is photography allowed?
Yes.

4. Fees for DSLR or Mobile?
Free.

5. Accommodation 
A lot of hotels and hostels were identified nearby.

Restaurants 
Both veg and non-vegetarian hotels are available nearby.

Availability of guided tours:
Yes, Available.

Cultural Sensitivity: Etiquette and behavior expectations at the site?
None.

Security Measures
Do not lose the ticket since it is required while exiting the main gate

A huge thanks to online attendees who graced the occasion and showed interest in visiting here:

Online Attendees - Qutub Minar Visit - Connect 8th Birthday CelebrationsOnline Attendees - Qutub Minar Visit - Connect 8th Birthday Celebrations
Delhi, India
4 comments
Level 7

Re: RECAP - Visiting the Qutub Minar - Connect 8 Birthday

Thanks for this virtual meet up. As usual it's immensely helpful for all Google local guides with appropriate do's and don'ts. All the best always.

Level 10

नमस्कार,

@Tushar_Suradkar 

या वर्चुअल मीट अप मधे नीटसं ऐकु येत नव्हते,

आणि अजित दादा चे चॉकलेट मीट अप चे बॅकग्राऊंड मुळे माझा स्क्रीनशॉट हि खराब आहे, नेटवर्कचा इशू होता, पण रीकॅप मध्ये बरेच अपडेट्स कळले.

शेअर केल्याबद्दल धन्यवाद..

Level 9

@Tushar_Suradkar 

It was wow meet up, I had been so many times to Delhi but never visited Qutub Minar & Red fort my cousin staying say nothing is there to see that time travelling alone in buses was not possible,but now metro is there & Google maps.2 years ago, I went but for 4 days for marriage couldn't go for sightseeing,

but after joining local guide saw beautiful photos of these places will definitely visit. Now with ola, uber can travel alone. 

Your post are always to guide us. 

Enjoyed attending your meet up. ,Got to know so much.. Thanks for tagging me & sharing important point don't loose your ticket. 

My best wishes to you 

Happy birthday to connect in advance.🎂🎉🎁

1000239385.jpg

1000246359.jpg

1000239379.jpg

 Caption : Screen shot of the meet up. 

Level 8

@Tushar_Suradkar maravilloso recap es genial, que lindo que lo disfrutaron al maximo.