jayasimha78's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

EuroMeetup 2024 Day 1

Cover photo collage created by LG @jayasimha78 with various pictures captured during Day 1 of the Meetup.

Here is a recap of the EuroMeetup 2024, which My Wife and I attended in Manchester. Thanks to wonderful hosts @AdrianLunsong  and @PeteMHW for their meticulous planning and execution of the meetup.

Journey to Meetup

Our journey began with a flight from San Francisco to London. After a 10-hour journey across the Atlantic, we touched down at Heathrow Airport. We hopped on the Elizabeth Line, which took us to Farringdon Station. We refueled at a nearby Italian eatery. Next we boarded the tube towards Euston Station to catch our connecting train to Manchester. We had couple of hours at Euston Station to catch our train and we marveled at the flurry of activity as passengers hurried to board trains announced just minutes prior. Our turn eventually came, and we arrived at Manchester Piccadilly around 8:00 PM. A short Uber ride brought us to our hotel, conveniently located a few kilometers from the station. After checking in, we capped off the day with dinner at Bandobust, a delightful Indian restaurant and pub. With full stomachs, we retreated to our beds, to recharge for the first day of the meetup the following day..

On the first day of meetup, the first event was at 2PM, which was a Canal boat ride. We woke up late finished breakfast at Hotel we were staying. The meeting point was just couple of Kms away, we decided to walk and explore Manchester. here are few pictures captured during the walk.
We also ran in to Piccadilly Street Food village on the way, which had various types of food offering.
Activity: Canal Boat Ride
We arrived at Deansgate-Castlefield tram station little early, Since we had enough time to grab some lunch we visited nearby restaurant Indian tiffin room. We had Indian Thali at this place. We had heard lot of good things about Indian Restaurant in UK, we decided to explore as many Indian restaurants as possible during our trip. All of them lived up to or exceeded expectation.
We met up with our fellow passengers at the tram station and we walked to the Canal boat.
Here is the picture of Pete and his friend with the canal boat.
Another shot of Canal boat docked.
Canal boat is a long and narrow self contained unit. Here you can see a small kitchenet  Boat also had a living area with couch, a restroom and also a bed. In fact Pete and Irena had brought  scones and cookies, Pete served all of us Tea and Coffee during the trip.
shot of the roof of the Canal boat.
Here is @DeniGu  and Adrian seeing us off on the bridge.
On the way we saw Manchester United Soccer (Football) stadium.
what is a LG Meetup without selfies!
The point at which we turned back to the point where we started! Fazz is holding the boat, so that it doesn't sail away.
Made some new friends here 🙂
This is a Bridge which crosses a river, we sailed on this bridge.. 
Another selfies after end of the trip. We almost spent 3 hours on the boat.
Activity: Welcome Drink and 36 Photo Walk
We arrived little late from the Boat ride, so we had to miss the welcome drink. Here is Paul explaining details about 36 Photo Walk.
This was a reunion time with several LGs I had met during 2019 Connect live in San Jose
Here is a selfie with @Julie_A who had come all the way from US to attend the meetup.
Activity: Welcome Dinner
The Wharf was our welcome dinner location. We had already preordered our food. It was time to grab some beer before dinner.
Here is Adrian explaining about goodie bags prepared by Hosts and Google!
Shot of LGs at dinner table.
Shot of LGs at dinner table.
Shot of goodies in the goodie bag!

Welcome speech by Adrian and Pete. Along with welcome speech Adrian and Pete revealed the friendly competition and challenges we are going to have during the meetup. We were divided into two teams, Blue and Red. We had to complete several challenges during the meetup.
Here is the shot of Red team, which I was part of, strategizing on our challenges.
We returned to our hotel after dinner, we were looking forward to the Day 2 activities, which I will share in my next post!
Manchester, UK
15 comments
Level 8

Re: EuroMeetup 2024 Day 1

Bravo dear @jayasimha78  superb narrated recap your wonderful meet-up. thanks for sharing with us 

Signature Image
Level 10

Hello @jayasimha78 , Thank you for sharing the recap. The photos are amazing and show how much fun you had and how international meetup look. Your content is super informatives and interesting, and I spotted some LGs, CMs and GMs in the photos.

Added 17,000+ New Roads and Counting.
Level 10

Level 10

Connect Moderator

Wow! What a fantastic recap post with lovely pictures. @jayasimha78 

Thank you for sharing here with us. 

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

Level 10
Level 9

Betreff: EuroMeetup 2024 Day 1

@jayasimha78 

Eine großartig bebilderte Zusammenfassung 👍😍

Level 10

Betreff: EuroMeetup 2024 Day 1

Connect Moderator

@jayasimha78 Thanks for the lovely recap! It brings back such lovely memories!! 😊 The boat trip looks amazing.. especially that bridge bit!! By the way, you're team Red 😂😂 Anyway, it was lovely to see you again and it was such a pleasure to meet your wife too! I'm certainly looking forward to your Day 2 recap!

Happy 8th Birthday Connect! - Join a global celebration of Connect's 8th Birthday!
      Go Loco Guides - The unofficial YouTube channel for Local Guides! Check us out and subscribe
      #EuroMeetup2024 - Read the recap for this amazing event!
      Connect Writing Challenge - Simple strategies to write engaging posts on Connect
How to Write Reviews - Easy to remember tips on writing structured reviews