Colab Enterprise

Hi everyone, 

I'm trying to fine-tune Llama using Colab from vertex AI.
I keep getting this error "Unable to connect to the runtime.", I'm the admin of the project, all APIs are enabled and the project is linked to billing.

Solved Solved
1 2 132
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Musab,

Welcome to Google Cloud Community!

There can be many reasons why you're encountering error message "Unable to connect to the runtime". This includes third party cookies which are being blocked by your browser. Make sure to configure your browser's settings to allow the DATALAB_TUNNEL_TOKEN third party cookie from the domain *.aiplatform-notebook.googleusercontent.com

Another reason is due to blocking of outbound traffic to notebook domains by your network. With this, check if your network's firewall rules allow outbound traffic to the following:

• *.aiplatform-notebook.cloud.google.com
  • *aiplatform.googleapis.com

In addition, please verify if you're using the correct email address. This could happen if you have multiple accounts logged in using the same browser. For more information, you may refer to our documentation.

I hope this helps.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hi @Musab,

Welcome to Google Cloud Community!

There can be many reasons why you're encountering error message "Unable to connect to the runtime". This includes third party cookies which are being blocked by your browser. Make sure to configure your browser's settings to allow the DATALAB_TUNNEL_TOKEN third party cookie from the domain *.aiplatform-notebook.googleusercontent.com

Another reason is due to blocking of outbound traffic to notebook domains by your network. With this, check if your network's firewall rules allow outbound traffic to the following:

• *.aiplatform-notebook.cloud.google.com
  • *aiplatform.googleapis.com

In addition, please verify if you're using the correct email address. This could happen if you have multiple accounts logged in using the same browser. For more information, you may refer to our documentation.

I hope this helps.

Hi @cassandramae 
Thank you for the help. As you mentioned the problem was third party cookies