Not eligible for refund- how to further dispute

the Airbrush app had an option for a 7-day free trial and I chose that and immediately cancelled so I would not enter into a subscription. However, apple billed me for one year $68 and refused to refund (I tried twice and was told the decision is final). How is this acceptable? It is misleading and not ok. Did anyone else have this issue and manage to get it resolved?

Posted on Jul 12, 2024 5:48 PM

3 replies

Jul 13, 2024 1:56 AM in response to sarah1988p

Did you cancel the trial subscription properly?

Managing auto-renewing subscriptions -

If you want to cancel a subscription from Apple - Apple Support

You might need to scroll down to find the Cancel Subscription button.

Scroll further down the link for instructions for non-Apple devices.

Things about subscriptions;

⁃ Deleting an app does not cancel the subscription.

⁃ A trial subscription must be canceled more than 24 hours before the renewal date or it may renew.

⁃ Many subscriptions are set to renew automatically until you cancel them.

⁃ If you see multiple subscription offers, as long as you don’t select one, the subscription shouldn’t renew.

⁃ If you don’t see Cancel Subscription, the subscription is canceled and won't renew.

⁃ An expiration date means the current subscription has been canceled but is available to use until that date.

⁃ Use Resubscribe/Renew if you change your mind about canceling the subscription.

Final usually means final.

M1 Mac mini, macOS 14.5;  Watch, series 7 GPS/cellular, watchOS 10.5; iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 17.5; TV 4th Gen, tvOS 17.5; HomePods, audioOS 17.5 and Airport Express w/ Airplay 2

Jul 13, 2024 10:06 AM in response to sarah1988p

Apple service was terrible.

Folks who don't get what they want usually say that. This has never been my experience with Apple since 1984 when I bought my 1st Mac.

I opened a dispute with my credit card company.

Food for thought; If you get a bank to charge back a purchase to Apple, your Apple Account could be permanently be deactivated by Apple and you will never be able to use it again. All of the content that you have acquired with that Apple Account will be orphaned. You won't be able to update anything and you won't be able to redownload anything.

[Edited by Moderator]

Not eligible for refund- how to further dispute

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.