Screen time not available for 7 days

I am getting a message for my child's phone that screen time has not been available for 7 days. The device is connected to the internet and is signed into iCloud with his apple id. We have turned off both my phone and his phone. I have signed out of iCloud and signed back in. I have disabled screen time and turned it back on. All to no avail. The screen time is reporting accurately with restrictions on his phone but not on mine.

iPhone XR, iOS 15

Posted on Jun 20, 2024 9:42 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 12, 2024 7:20 PM

After using Screen Time with only minor headaches for years, I started having the same problem as everyone else on this thread for all four of my kids around the start of July.

The other good people on this thread started have the same trouble around the same time. It seems like an Apple issue.

Who else has noticed that Apple has gone from being effortless to glitchy over the past 2 years?

11 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 12, 2024 7:20 PM in response to Momofthreemn

After using Screen Time with only minor headaches for years, I started having the same problem as everyone else on this thread for all four of my kids around the start of July.

The other good people on this thread started have the same trouble around the same time. It seems like an Apple issue.

Who else has noticed that Apple has gone from being effortless to glitchy over the past 2 years?

Jul 3, 2024 6:41 AM in response to mnadco

I am having the same issues with my child. I’ve been trying to figure out how to correct it for two days now. Extremely frustrating. I’ve tried rebooting their phone and mine, I’ve tried toggling settings, etc. Their phone has not updated screen time settings on my side since Jun 28th. Prior to June 28th it was working fine and I was getting the screen time updates. All of our devices are updated to the latest iOS. Their iPad still shows correctly for me as far as screen time.

Jul 11, 2024 11:04 AM in response to Mac Jim ID

Got this issue too on both of my kids screentime accts. , no new phones or phone name changes in household. and started just about same time as original poster.

Not sure if exactly on 6/28 - wasn’t looking in the Sceentime settings until around 7/4.

I tried sever internet suggestions:

• renaming and restarting phones (theirs and mine) = no change
  • signing out and back on MY Apple ID = no change and don’t recommend (required reset up of some of kids screentime options)

So, ScreenTime still yelling that the kids phones are broken, but It appears to still be tracking and managing them ok, BUT there are so many freakin’ setting options - not sure I could tell if not.

I like the concept and feature generally but it sure doesn’t seem designed by a parent - at least not one without a comp science degree.

Jul 23, 2024 12:24 PM in response to mnadco

I am having the same issue with my kids’ iPads but not their iPhones. iPads are all older (9th gen) but their iPhones are all pretty new. All of the same issues described by other users are consistent with the problems we are having. I can’t see up-to-date activity from looking at their screen time on my device, but it is logging everything properly on their individual devices. I haven’t checked when the last updates came in, but something must be screwing up screen time reporting from older devices.

Hopefully Apple is aware this is a REAL problem. The only reason my kids even have devices is because I can trust that screen time is WORKING. Without that confidence, I can think of several devices that wouldn’t have been purchased and won’t be purchased in the future.

Screen time not available for 7 days

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.