Apple baseband and telephony logging vpn and device management. Private IP’s? How is this possible?

iPhone 12 pro max.This is the second time that I’ve have seen this show up on my iPhones VPN and Device Management. The last time this happened it just disappeared and I am skeptical. Now again it appeared yesterday without notice in my VPN and Device Management. As goofy as this sounds, I feel that this device is completely compromised as there are several issues.

Somehow there is also a localhost with a 127.0.0.1 address, and one service running through port 49155 called rdlink, and two ports open 1080 TCP socks and 1083 TCP ansoft-lm-1. The iPhone has a private ip of 192.0.0.6 a public external IP, a DNS of 172.26.xx.x and 0.0.0.0 and a broadcast IP 10.x.x.x.

My problem with this is that I am not attached to Wi-Fi, we don’t even have it and not connected to any VPN. I e contacted my provider AT&T and was told it’s impossible. I do not know what or why this stuff is happening and see no way to sort it out.

iPhone 12 Pro Max

Posted on Jul 25, 2023 6:42 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 31, 2023 3:19 AM

I’ve removed the configuration profile twice. It always comes back. I know my situation is the result of an illegal unsolicited hijacking. Ex a-hole got hold of my device, my kids iPhones, my desktop. Our cameras.

Similar questions

20 replies

Jul 25, 2023 6:55 AM in response to iCollect

From you description, I’m not absolutely sure of what you have seen appearing within your VPN and Device Management settings - this being a prime candidate for a screenshot when seen.

As for rdlink, this is associated with Apple Bonjour services.

127.0.0.1 is a network loopback address - common to just about every networked computer. It’s presence is expected and essentially benign.

Jul 25, 2023 9:17 AM in response to LotusPilot

Thanks again, I understand that I can uninstall the configuration however I plan to call Apple support today and ask them again how it keeps becoming installed on my phone. From what I understand it is only installed by apple and I would imagine that in order to install it, it would require my passcode to do so. I’ve installed other vpn configs in the past but my phone passcode was required. I would like to know how it’s getting installed.

Jun 23, 2024 9:48 AM in response to gullraiz

gullraiz wrote:

I have same problem but I contacted Apple they said nothing and every day suspicious activity messages coming from gmail weak security now…

Okay, this is an old thread, and with the near-inevitably mixing which tends to get me confused.

Which iOS version is installed here?

Remove all VPN apps and test again, as well. VPNs provide negligible benefits over private relay outside of geo-shifting for website or CDN testing or such, though these providers are perfectly positioned for personally-identified metadata collection, and VPNs inherently alter IP routing and sometimes in problematic ways.

Jul 8, 2024 11:13 AM in response to siddhartha2024

siddhartha2024 wrote:

I am facing the same issue and it seems someone is watching me and my phone continuously. I have removed this apple basebaseband and telephony from general VPN settings but it appears again and says I have given all the access to my personal information including voice recording, video recording bank details etc where even I have not given qny consent. Cam someone from apple team explain what is this and why secretly you are spying

Which iOS version is running here?

Aug 1, 2023 2:00 AM in response to iCollect

I just want to state that the first pic does show I’m connected to VPN, but I took this screenshot yesterday while connected to Tailscale tunnel.

This screenshot is a screenshot of iNet tools pro which displays my device info without VPN turned on. I don’t believe I should see any private up addresses at all especially when not connected to Wi-Fi and going directly through AT&T data.

[Edited by Moderator]

Feb 29, 2024 6:37 PM in response to iCollect

I have the same issues but every time I add SSs & other info when I return- it’s gone completely even though I saw some of it post & saw part saved in drafts. If everything I post is deleted, how can I get assistance from Apple? Esp when Apple dot com shows as a bad DNS or bad link whenever I try to get assistance? Please help.

May 7, 2024 1:40 AM in response to iCollect

That is the exact configuration I deleted (for know) from VPN management. If apple is being sneaky thinking I’ve done something wrong adding this configuration when looked at it may seem like I did do something wrong. So, before I let any type thing get installed on my phone to simply collect about all of your history in all areas; I want to talk or email with a real Apple authority so I can explain what is going on, and who is responsible! I do not know python. I do not know how to implement code period. I use my device for education. I like to learn new things every day. I’m not involved with all the microstacks in my code among other easy to see type telling bad containers going thru my private system library. Basically since this has been going on so long they (being the unnamed *** responsible) has rooted in my last 4 devices. All starting in 2016. Long time.

May 7, 2024 7:12 AM in response to Terror-Byte

Terror-Byte wrote:

I want to talk or email with a real Apple authority so I can explain what is going on, and who is responsible!

Apple's participation in this user-to-user forum is minimal. They won't respond to you here. If you need to speak to Apple directly, use the support link at the bottom left of every page of this forum.

I do not know python. I do not know how to implement code period.

Knowing how to code is not necessary to use an iPhone. Anyone who has told you it is is very confused or lying.

Jul 8, 2024 10:23 AM in response to B_CodiL

I am facing the same issue and it seems someone is watching me and my phone continuously. I have removed this apple basebaseband and telephony from general VPN settings but it appears again and says I have given all the access to my personal information including voice recording, video recording bank details etc where even I have not given qny consent. Cam someone from apple team explain what is this and why secretly you are spying

Jul 12, 2024 7:36 PM in response to iCollect

What appears on your device is just a service that you have activated for Apple to improve the beta, if you are a tester, which is very likely that you are. Anyway, it's totally safe, and it's only there for feedback on the improved beta version. If you want to permanently delete it from your device so it doesn't come back, which won't be a problem, you should go to "Analytics & Improvements" click on "Share analysis" disable the "Improved Beta Version Feedback" option and, finally, disable what you had activated (Share Analysis) You're welcome!

Apple baseband and telephony logging vpn and device management. Private IP’s? How is this possible?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.